Patton & Cooke Co.’s Y Splice Junction Bar reduces space requirements for multiple cable connections in 3 phase configurations. Our junction bars provide rigid connection points to eliminate multiple flexible cable interconnections. Available in a wide variety of configurations up to 35 kV.
Y Splice Junction Bars
- Standard ratings for 15 / 25 kV L & Y Splice:
- Voltage: to 25 kV
- Impulse Voltage: to 125 kV BIL
- Corona Extinction: to 19 kV
- Standard ratings for 35 kV Y Splice:
- Voltage: 35 kV
- Impulse Voltage: 150 kV BIL
- Corona Extinction: 26 k
- The standard splice is equipped with protective covers and a mounting bracket
- Many combinations of 200/600 Amp junction bars are available
- Determine the following:
- Maximum voltage, kV.
- Current Rating, Amp.
- Number of positions required for installation.
- Configuration of splice
- Select single casting 3 phase device or 3 x 1 single phase devices on common frame
- Select catalog number of splice
- Provide the maximum voltage, kV and substitute its corresponding extinction value for x in the catalog number.
25 kV (corona extinction = 19 kV), 3-200 Amp universal bushing wells required straight inline and 6-600 A standard bushings required at 90 deg. with single casting.
Catalogue Number JBY-3A/6B-19
Example 2: Same as above but with 3×1 single phase Catalogue Number JBY3-1A/2B-19.